Wednesday, April 3, 2013

NaNoWriMo ~ Days 1 & 2

Day 1
So I've decided, for reasons of sanity and insanity both, to write one poem a day for the month of April, which is National Poetry Writing Month -- yep, go to the head of the class if you figured out that that is what "NaPoWriMo" means!  I've cheated...the first one I've posted here was not written today, though it was written this year.  I promise not to cheat again!  If you'd care to join me, let me know...I'd love some company!

DISMAY

Staring out at the newly-made
winter wonderland,
I see the emptiness of my day
without you.
I feel the melancholy tugging
on my heart.

Thinking about how we came to be
such friends,
I wonder how I’d make it through
without you.
I guess life would be vastly altered now
if you left.

Trying to stem the aching tide
of sadness,
I tell myself to be okay
without you.
If I have to handle one more loss,
it’ll break me.

© 2013

Day 2

CALM AND STORM

Outwardly at peace,
an inner raging batters
my beleaguered soul.
 
© 2013

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the first poem very much. It catches hold of the anticipation of despair that sometimes creeps into a relationship. Sadly, once it's there, you can't just sweep it out the back door ...

Shaynacwings said...

I like both the poem and the verse Teri. They both match my mood today.

Teri said...

"tha anticipation of despair" ~ what a thought! One never thinks in quite those terms about how a relationship deteriorates, eh?

Teri said...

*hugs Shayna*